Interior designer Job Description
Plans, designs, and furnishes interior environments of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with client or senior architect to determine architectural preferences, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style of occupants.
- Advises client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, and color coordination.
- Renders design ideas in form of paste ups, drawings, or illustrations, estimates material requirements and costs, and presents design to client for approval.
- Selects or designs furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Works in a team with other designers.
- Plans and designs interior & exterior environments for villas, offices, palaces, commercial centers, towers, hotels and other spaces.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- creativity and imagination
- an eye for design, including colour, and good 3D awareness
- the ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- good drawing and IT skills
- good organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- awareness of technical building issues, and the range of relevant products and materials
- English written and spoken is a plus.
- Computer literate (Ms Office suite).
- AutoCad, 3Dmax, Photoshop.
Graduate of Fine Arts, Interior Design, Architecture